While it is the final countdown for the season in Palm Beach, the World Polo Tour, the international ranking of polo, features February and March MVP.
With regards with amateur and professional players, respectively, those awarded in February were Ahmed Al Habtoor (top scorer of the Dubai Gold Cup), and Jack Hyde (winner of the Dubai Gold Cup, with UAE)
Dubai Polo Team, winners of the USPA Gold Cup, captured the awards in March, with two of the team members: Rashid Albwardy (amateur) and Jejo Taranco (pro).
There have been many interesting moves in the ranking as well. Let’s give a look at them:
– Gonzalo Pieres Jr., currently playing with Audi in Palm Beach, went from 6th. to 4th. place
– Rodrigo Ribeiro de Andrade, also playing with Audi, is in the Top 10 for the first time – he went from 11th. to 9th.
– Dubai’s Facundo Sola is the second player who steps into the Top 10 for the first time: he moved from 18th, to 10th.
– Fred Mannix Jr. is the most remarkable raise: he went from 20th. to 17th.
– Meanwhile,Top Sirvaddhanaprabhaa is the first amateur player to appear in the Top 20 in the general ranking. He’s currently placet 18th, however closely followed by Rashid Albwardy who is 19th.
There’s good news for La Natividad, winners of the República Argentina Cup, as well. Jota Chavanne raised from 89th. to 49th; Lolo Castagnola, who was placed at 208, is now on 102nd. place. And his son, Bartolito, is the player who raised the most – from 401 to 156.