Switzerland’s most important club, Polo Park Zurich, is getting ready for a new season. This will be the club’s second year making the most of its new installations. It is certain that with Sébastien Le Page the club entered a new era; after several years, the club received the necessary installations in order to grow in terms of infrastructure. A totally modern club house (complete with a bar, restaurant, terrace, changing rooms, showers, bathrooms and parking) was built in order to welcome players and the general public. Fifty-seven boxes, a horse walker and a third field were also built.
Twenty years after its inauguration, Polo Park Zurich has become the biggest and most important club in the country, with sixty active members and one hundred and twenty VIP members.
Everyone is welcome at the club; the youngest member is six years old, while the eldest is over seventy! The club is extremely proud its polo family, who love the sport and sharing moments both on and off the field. This shared interest has grown over the last twenty years.
The 2018 season at Polo Park Zurich kicks off with the Zurich Championship Low Goal (May 19 & 20), and continues with the Zurich Championship Medium Goal (June 9 & 10), which will see professional players take to the field. Both tournaments enter their thirteenth edition, and have the support of Daniel Aegerter and Polo Park Zurich. But the season officially opened for action last Saturday, May 5, with an “Opening Dinner.”
Coming up this season:
– The Kensington 20th Anniversary Polo Trophy: June 15-16.
– Swiss Medium Goal (June 21-24). This tournament is played in a different club each year; this year it is the turn of Polo Park Zurich. The club will also host a day party. Eight teams are set to compete.
– The 19th Zurich International Ladies Polo Cup: July 6-8.
– July will be full of new events, with two 12-goal tournaments: The Gold Cup (July 20-22) and the Polo Park & Country Club Zurich Cup (July 27-29).
– August sees the return of the clubs longest running tournament: San Francisco de Asís (August 25-26).
– The first weekend of September will host the Vecinos Cup (September 1 & 2), which coincides with Sébastien Le Page’s birthday.
– The 2018 season will conclude with the Patrons Cup (September 22 & 23), a tournament exclusively for patrons.