With a full 3 months to go before the start of the polo season the Covid-19 Steering Group met to review the course of the pandemic and vaccination programme, and the potential impact this may have on the start date for polo this season and our protocols. We all appreciate the seriousness of the current situation and the terrible impact covid is having on the lives of so many. At the same time, the Government is embarking on a huge vaccination programme which has provided an optimism which varies from one person to another and almost from day to day.
While recognising the sport needs clear and timely guidance, the SG agreed that it should wait until the Government has clarified its own position and guidelines in mid-February before considering in what ways if any the coming summer season may be impacted. At that stage we can be clearer as to any actions that might be necessary in preparation for the season.