Garrison Forest School (GFS) in Owings Mills, Maryland, is seeking a part-time Assistant Director of Polo beginning Monday, August 16, 2021. The Assistant Director of Polo works directly with the Director of Polo. They are to assist all phases of polo at GFS from Lower Division through Upper School and assist with the management of Garrison Forest Polo ponies year round.
- Assist in teaching and coaching polo for all school divisions fall, winter and spring
- Manage polo camps in the summer
- Assist in horse care including feeding multiple mornings a week, administering medications, treating injuries, getting horses fit, etc.
- Assist in maintaining the facility including arena maintenance, winterizing the barn, cleaning the barn, etc.
- Drive 10-horse gooseneck trailer to take horses to turnout, tournaments, etc.
- Assist with putting on polo events, create marketing materials, assist with communications, etc.
The ideal candidate would have at least three years of horse experience and at least collegiate level polo experience with a solid understanding of the game of polo, rules and strategy. The candidate must have excellent communication skills, must enjoy working with kids of all ages and must be a self-motivated individual.
Garrison Forest School (GFS) is an all-girls, boarding and day school located in Owings Mills, Maryland. GFS is one of two high schools in the country to offer polo. The facility is located on campus with stalls for 26 polo ponies, a large tackroom, an indoor arena and turnout space for the string. GFS has multiple teams including Varsity and JV teams, club teams and middle school, as well as P.E. students, lower school players and adult community polo players. Varsity polo has won 13 national championships and 12 former GFS players have won national polo honors, including the Polo Training Foundation (PTF) awards as GFS or collegiate players. GFS polo hosts teams from around the country and travels to play against interscholastic and intercollegiate teams. As a boarding school, GFS has opportunities for the Assistant Director of Polo to be a part of the Residential Life Community with on campus housing provided along with responsibilities for boarders and boarder activities. Learn more at www.gfs.org.