Are you currently searching for a new opportunity in your polo career? Santa Barbara Polo & Racquet Club and Virginia Polo, Inc. are hiring! Please refer to the job descriptions and requirements below.
AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY: GROOM POSITION WITH LESSONS AND CHUKKERS
Picture perfect day for polo at Santa Barbara. ©David Lominska
The Santa Barbara Polo Academy at Santa Barbara Polo & Racquet Club (Carpinteria, California) is looking for a hardworking and honest assistant to complete daily tasks including stall cleaning, feeding, sets, equipment management, tacking up, etc. Opportunities will include lessons, stick and ball, chukkers, etc. This is a perfect opportunity for someone who wants to play more polo and improve their game. Housing is not included. This is an independent contractor position.
Please contact Naima Scheraga at (805) 799-9438 or email email@example.com. This is a year-round position with a two-month minimum requirement. Compensation dependent on experience. Applicants must be at least 18 years old to apply.
To learn more about Santa Barbara Polo & Racquet Club please visit www.sbpolo.com.
VIRGINIA POLO, INC. ASSISTANT COACH & BARN MANAGER: FULL-TIME POSITION IN CHARLOTTESVILLE, VIRGINIA
2019 USPA Women’s Arena Handicap Final: Sullivan Group’s Catie Stueck and Virginia Polo’s Meghan Milligan at Virginia Polo Club. ©Kelly Wells
The Assistant Coach and Barn Manager is responsible for managing all aspects of the Virginia Polo Club, boot camp, interscholastic and summer camp programs. This position will report to the Head Coach of Virginia Polo.
- Coaching club, boot camp and interscholastic players, working to improve their horsemanship and hitting skills and teaching polo rules and strategy
- Managing the care and feeding of the Virginia Polo pony strings, including getting the horses ﬁt for play, ordering feed/hay, maintaining and administering medicines, coordinating with vets/farriers, etc.
- Creating weekly practice and game schedules, including pony string assignments
- Working with students and Virginia Polo staﬀ to increase the number of club and boot camp participants each semester
- Overseeing student barn chore schedules
- Maintaining clean/safe tack and other polo-related supplies
- Leading social media eﬀorts related to students, games and events at Virginia Polo
- Coordinating with the Head Coach to plan and promote various USPA clinics, tournaments and activities at Virginia Polo
- Supporting the Head Coach with the Varsity Men’s and Women’s programs as needed
The ideal candidate will be an experienced polo player with a solid understanding of the game of polo, including strategy and rules, and have 2+ years of coaching experience. A minimum of three years of horse care experience is also required. The candidate must have excellent organizational skills, strong communication and relationship-building skills, and work well with limited supervision.