Baseball, volleyball, soccer… and polo! The Intercollegiate/Interscholastic (I/I) program is excited to announce that the application for the Interscholastic Polo Varsity Letter is now open. The deadline to apply is Tuesday, May 25. The Interscholastic polo program is a competitive league in which high school students play against other polo teams in their region and across the country. Players must meet their school’s academic standards in order to compete. Students who receive the Varsity Letter have shown their commitment to both academic and polo excellence through their time commitment and level of play. Applications are now open for all interscholastic players who met the requirements listed below this past I/I season.
INTERSCHOLASTIC POLO VARSITY LETTER REQUIREMENTS
A player must meet the following requirements to be eligible to receive Varsity Letter
• Completed Interscholastic Polo Varsity Letter application
• Currently in grades 9-12
• Active member of an existing interscholastic program
• Meets all USPA Interscholastic eligibility requirements
• Played in at least four regular season interscholastic games during the current I/I season
• Played in a preliminary, regional and/or national tournament during the current I/I season
• Logged a minimum of 100 hours of riding, stick & balling, practice, game time, foot mallet, and/or virtual lessons
• Approval from his/her coach acknowledging participation, completion of the above requirements
Those who submit a completed application and meet all of the above requirements will be awarded a Varsity patch for the initial year, a letter of recognition from the USPA, and subsequent pins for each additional years earned.
ONLINE VARSITY LETTER APPLICATION LINK
In the event that a team is not able to complete the four regular season games or tournament due to the COVID-19 pandemic, they may apply for a varsity letter waiver. Waivers can be submitted via the coach directly through email to Ali Davidge at firstname.lastname@example.org.