WEST PALM BEACH, Fla., March 28, 2022 (Newswire.com) – Celebrating an particularly momentous and humanities year, the United States Polo Association (USPA) hosted the U.S. Open Polo Championship® gully enactment connected Wednesday, March 23, astatine the International Polo Club Palm Beach (IPC) successful Wellington, Florida. Held astatine the IPC Pavilion up of the USPA Gold Cup® Semifinals, the last gully of the play featured unrecorded euphony arsenic good arsenic nutrient and drinks for the teams successful attendance. USPA Chairman and GAUNTLET OF POLO® competitor, Stewart Armstrong, welcomed the teams and spoke connected the astounding information successful this year’s U.S. Open Polo Championship®. The U.S. Open Polo Championship® gully was conducted by Haley Bryan, IPC Polo Coordinator, and determined the playing bid for the last tourney of the GAUNTLET, which begins Tuesday, March 29, astatine IPC. All games volition beryllium livestreamed exclusively connected Global Polo TV.
Defending champion Scone volition look an further 7 teams successful their combat to reclaim the astir prestigious rubric successful American polo. Made imaginable by the acceptance of idiosyncratic squad entries, the 7 caller teams (Aspen Valley Polo Club, Audi, Casablanca, Grand Champions Polo Club, Santa Rita Polo Farm, Sol de Agosto, Polo Training Foundation) joining the contention volition bring the full to an all-time precocious of 20 teams for the archetypal clip successful the tournament’s history. Significantly expanding the trouble of the U.S. Open Polo Championship® tract with the summation of 4 10-goalers, the last limb of the contention volition showcase the talents of 9 10-goalers. Reigning GAUNTLET champion Gonzalito Pieres (Grand Champions Polo Club) volition vie straight against his member and erstwhile Pilot teammate Facundo Pieres for the archetypal clip since the bid inception.
Doubling the prize wealth from the erstwhile 2 tournaments, the winning squad of the U.S. Open Polo Championship® volition beryllium awarded $100,000. In keeping with the tone of philanthropy, U.S. Polo Assn. volition supply a $2,500 donation to the finalist teams to beryllium donated to a polo foundation of their choice.
The database of participating teams successful their recently announced tourney brackets are disposable below:
- Grand Champions Polo Club (22) – Riley Ganzi (0), Gonzalito Pieres (10), Juan Bollini Sr. (4), Juan Martin Zubia (8)
- Santa Rita Polo Farm (22) – Melissa Ganzi (0), Camilo “Jeta” Castagnola (9), Polito Pieres (10), Hector Guerrero (3)
- La Elina (TBA) – Facundo Obregon (6), Sapo Caset (10), Jared Zenni (6), TBA
- Scone (22)- David Paradice (0), Keko Magrini (3), Poroto Cambiaso (9), Adolfo Cambiaso (10)
- G-String Polo Ponies (22) – Gillian Johnston (1), Nico Escobar (5), Nico Pieres (9), Julian de Lusarreta (7)
- CK Shack (22) – Henry Porter (4), Martin “Facha” Valent (4), Santiago Toccalino (8), Kris Kampsen (6)
- Casablanca (22) – Juan Bollini Jr. (4), Sugar Erskine (6), Agustin Merlos (8), Luis Escobar (4)
- Aspen Valley Polo Club (TBA) – Vinny Sangaline (0), Pablo Mac Donough (10), Alejandro Novillo Astrada (7), TBA
- SD Farms (22) – Sayyu Dantata (2), Lucas Escobar (4), Pelon Stirling (10), Peco Polledo (6)
- Park Place (22/23) – Andrey Borodin (0)/Josh Hyde (1), Juan Britos (9), Hilario Ulloa (10), Cody Ellis (3)
- Audi (22) – Marc Ganzi (2), Jason Crowder (5), Barto Castagnola (9), Paco de Narvaez (6)
- La Fe (20) – Louis Devaleix (0), Robi Bilbao (5), Francisco Elizalde (9), Lucas Diaz Alberdi (6)
- La Indiana (21) – Stewart Armstrong (3), Jeff Hall (6), Lucas “Luckitas” Criado Jr. (5), Mariano Aguerre (7)
- Tamera (22)- Alejandro Poma (1), Magoo Laprida/Alejo Taranco (8), Diego Cavanagh (9), Segundo Saravi (4)
- Dutta Corp/Show+ (22) – Timmy Dutta (4), Tomas Garcia del Rio (8), Iñaki Laprida (7), Joaquin Avendaño (3)
- Polo Training Foundation (22) – Nic Roldan (8), Carlitos Gracida (4), Jesse Bray (6), Matias Gonzalez (4)
- Cessna (21) – Will Johnston (2), Edward “Camp” Campbell (2), Miguel Novillo Astrada (9), Raul “Gringo” Colombres (8)
- Old Hickory Bourbon/Airstream (22) – Matias Magrini (7), Santino Magrini (5), Stevie Orthwein (4), Joaquin Panelo (6)
- Sol de Agosto (22) – Paco de Narvaez Jr. (2), Grant Ganzi (3), Juan Martin Nero (10), Victorino “Torito” Ruiz Jorba (7)
- Pilot (22) – Curtis Pilot (0), Mackenzie Weisz (5), Facundo Pieres (10), Matias Torres Zavaleta (7)
Please note, the USPA Gold Cup® semifinalists were seeded into abstracted brackets. Bracket I plays wrong the bracket. Bracket II plays transverse bracket with Bracket III. Bracket IV plays wrong the bracket. Bracket V plays transverse bracket with Bracket VI. Each squad volition play 3 games successful bracket play. After bracket play, teams are ranked 1-10 connected their broadside (Side A: Bracket I, II, III) (Side B: Bracket IV, V, VI). Tied teams that did not play each different volition spell to a one-man shootout. The apical 3 teams from each broadside spell straight to the quarterfinals. Fourth and 5th from each broadside person a playoff. Side A 4th and 5th draws from Side B 4th and fifth. Playoff winners beforehand to quarterfinals.
Quarterfinal pairings: Side A archetypal and 2nd and Side B archetypal and 2nd gully from Side A and B third-place teams and playoff winners.
Semifinal pairings: Quarterfinal winners beforehand to the semifinals. Semifinal winners beforehand to the U.S. Open Polo Championship® final.
Bringing the 2022 GAUNTLET OF POLO® to a close, the U.S. Open Polo Championship® volition beryllium contested March 29-April 24. All Sunday featured games volition beryllium held connected the prestigious U.S. Polo Assn. Field 1.
The U.S. Open Polo Championship® volition beryllium livestreamed connected Global Polo TV’s (GPTV) OTT platform, accessible connected GlobalPolo.com and connected large apps including iOS, Android, Roku and Amazon FireTV. The last volition besides beryllium disposable arsenic a post-produced amusement connected the ESPN household of brands. Please cheque section listings for aerial times oregon sojourn espn.com to ticker on-demand.
New successful 2022, the Global Polo Pass yearly subscription has replaced the erstwhile walk options and volition see entree to each livestreamed USPA Official Events, prime planetary events and overmuch more. All USPA members person the Global Polo Pass escaped with a paid 2022 membership. Special offers are disposable at www.globalpolo.com.
For much accusation connected the U.S. Open Polo Championship® including afloat tourney schedule, history, video highlights and overmuch more, delight sojourn the U.S. Open Polo Championship® tourney item page connected the GAUNTLET OF POLO® tab connected uspolo.org. For much accusation astir spectatorship astatine the International Polo Club Palm Beach, delight visit www.internationalpoloclub.com.
About the United States Polo Association®
The United States Polo Association was organized and exists for the purposes of promoting the crippled of polo, coordinating the activities of its Member Clubs and Registered Players, arranging and supervising polo tournaments, competitions and games, and providing rules, handicaps, and conditions for those tournaments, competitions, and games including the information and payment of participants and mounts. Founded successful 1890, the USPA is the nationalist governing assemblage for the athletics of polo. The USPA is presently comprised of much than 200 subordinate clubs with thousands of idiosyncratic members and oversees 40 nationalist tournaments. For much information, delight sojourn uspolo.org.
About U.S. Polo Assn. and USPA Global Licensing Inc. (USPAGL)
U.S. Polo Assn. is the authoritative marque of the United States Polo Association (USPA), the nonprofit governing assemblage for the athletics of polo successful the United States and 1 of the oldest sports governing bodies, having been founded successful 1890. With a multi-billion-dollar planetary footprint and worldwide organisation done immoderate 1,200 U.S. Polo Assn. retail stores, section stores, sporting goods channels, autarkic retailers and e-commerce, U.S. Polo Assn. offers apparel for men, women, and children, arsenic good arsenic accessories and footwear successful 194 countries worldwide. Ranked the fifth largest sports licensor in License Global magazine’s 2020 database of “Top 150 Global Licensors,” U.S. Polo Assn. is named alongside specified iconic sports brands arsenic the National Football League, the National Basketball Association and Major League Baseball. Visit uspoloassnglobal.com.
USPA Global Licensing Inc. (USPAGL) is the for-profit subsidiary of the USPA and its exclusive worldwide licensor. USPAGL manages the global, multi-billion-dollar U.S. Polo Assn. marque and is the steward of the USPA’s intelligence properties, providing the athletics with a semipermanent root of revenue. Through its subsidiary, Global Polo Entertainment (GPE), USPAGL besides manages Global Polo TV, the world’s starring integer level with polo and manner content, and planetary tv broadcasts connected ESPN and beIN Sports. Learn much at globalpolo.com.
About International Polo Club Palm Beach
The International Polo Club Palm Beach (IPC) is the premier polo destination successful the world, hosting the largest tract of high-goal teams and the astir prestigious polo tournaments successful the United States. Polo enthusiasts descend upon Wellington, Florida, each wintertime play to bask their emotion of the athletics astatine the astir salient polo installation successful the country. The 2022 Palm Beach Polo Season opened connected Sunday, January 2, and concludes 16 weeks aboriginal with the U.S. Open Polo Championship® Final connected Sunday, April 24, 2022. Learn much at www.internationalpoloclub.com.
United States Polo Association:
Matt Baran, Director of Communications
International Polo Club Palm Beach:
Casey Gallaudet, Marketing Manager
USPA Global Licensing:
Shannon Stilson, Vice President of Marketing & Media
Visit our website at www.uspolo.org
Follow america connected Instagram
Source: USPA Global Licensing Inc.