The largest and most well-known beach polo event in the world, the World Polo League Beach Polo World Cup, Miami Beach, produced by Lifestyle Polo, is galloping onto the pristine sands of South Beach at Collins Park on Friday, April 29–Sunday, May 1.
Drawing a global audience of over 12,000 visitors and spanning 140 meters across the sands of Collins Park, the three-day equestrian extravaganza combines the best of the king of sports competition with ultimate luxury and entertainment. Over 120 horses and 24 of the best international polo players from a dozen nations compete in high-stakes, high-goal polo matches each day.
“We are thrilled to return this April with our annual World Polo League Beach Polo World Cup, Miami Beach. The competition between the teams and individual players will no doubt be as intense as ever,” said Tito Gaudenzi, founder and producer of the World Polo League Beach Polo World Cup, Miami Beach. “We are grateful to be back, at max capacity, with an exceptional luxury lifestyle experience for our 2022 guests. We’re offering spectators a sublime Miami Beach weekend of classic, international sportsmanship, decadence, action, fun, and entertainment.”
With a stunning setting just feet from the turquoise waters of the Atlantic Ocean, the much-anticipated, action-packed event combines elite athletic prowess with high-stakes panache.
Here’s a look at what visitors can expect at this year’s World Polo League Beach Polo World Cup, Miami Beach:
- Check Out the Polo Lounge – Guests can purchase a ticket to experience the polo match under shade at the Polo Lounge. The Lounge overlooks the polo field featuring food and beverage items for sale as well as a full bar, access to game commentary and music. Tickets to the Polo Lounge start at $80 and vary by date of attendance. The Polo Lounge is open Friday – Sunday from 12 p.m. – 6 p.m. Purchase tickets HERE.
- VIP Experience – To further the luxury lifestyle experience for guests, the World Polo League Beach Polo World Cup offers VIP packages that include a table for 10 people inside the VIP tent overlooking the polo field. Ranging from $4,000 to $12,000, VIP guests will enjoy unlimited gourmet bites, along Don Julio Tequila and beverages provided by Ketel One Botanical Vodka, Bodvár – House of Rosés, amongst many other options. The VIP tent opens at 1 p.m., on Friday, April 29, and at 12 p.m., on Saturday, April 30 and Sunday, May 1. Purchase tickets HERE. Prices vary by date.
- Food & Beverage –The world-class and celebrity-attended event, offers an array of food and beverage options for guests to indulge in, including tastings by Bodvár- House of Rosés and savory bites by Bodega Taqueria y Tequila.
- Retail Village – Guests can also shop for official merchandise and luxury goods in the Retail Village, an outdoor beachfront shopping area adjacent to the VIP tent. Among the stores and fashion brands on display include Bungalow Bazar, Casablanca (official event merchandise), and Ladurée Macarons. The Retail Village opens at 11 a.m., Friday to Sunday.
- Après Polo – Following the fourth game each day, guests can make their way to the Après Polo celebration at The Setai for drinks and bites.
The World Polo League Beach Polo World Cup, Miami Beach, goes beyond the exhilarating game and glamourous attendees. The celebration truly fosters community, giving back to those in need. This year, the event is hosting a charity celebrity round robin in partnership with Give Back for Special Equestrians, the Museum Hall of Fame and the Polo Training Foundation.
Team Sponsors include: World Polo League, Richard Mille, Ketel One Botanical, The Setai Miami Beach, Land Rover, Casablanca, and Bodvár – House of Rosés.
Event sponsors include: Richard Mille, The Setai Miami Beach, Casablanca, Land Rover, Blackfin, Delta Airlines, ALTO, Designer Eyes, Compass, Bodvár- House of Rosés, USA Sports Medicine, Yachtlife, Gracida Wines, Bodega Taqueria y Tequila, 1 Hotel South Beach Beach Club, Menin Hospitality, Shelborne South Beach, Soho House, and Haig Club Whisky by David Beckham.
For a full schedule of events, more information, and to purchase tickets, check outwww.miamipolocup.com. The tournament will take place between 21st and 22nd Street in Miami Beach.
About World Polo League Beach Polo World Cup, Miami Beach
The World Polo League Beach Polo World Cup, Miami Beach is the largest and most well-known beach polo event in the world. Taking place on the pristine sands of Miami Beach, the event features eight international teams with players from more than 10 nations and over 120 horses. Each day features high goal polo matches showcasing some of the best players in the world on the sand along with a series of offsite events that fuse polo, fashion and luxury living. General admission is offered complimentary to the public while VIP tickets include shaded lounge areas, full bar and catering. For tickets and more information visit www.miamipolocup.com.