USPA Member Clubs are encouraged to submit tournament results in the USPA tournament database, accessible via the Member Portal, within two weeks of the conclusion of play in order to have their club featured in the “Trophy Stage” section of the USPA’s weekly newsletter, This Week In Polo. The tournament database is accessible to all USPA club delegates or designated club representative, who are responsible for entering team rosters and player information, game scores, winning teams and any special awards or designations. The submission process is outlined below.
Step One: Log into your USPA member portal at the following web address: members.uspolo.org/login/
Step Two: Once inside the member portal, click on the tab “TOURN DATA”
Step Three: Click on the button “ROSTERS/RESULTS ENTRY”
Steps 1, 2 and 3
Step Four: From the dropdown menu, select the current year (i.e., 2023) and click the button “REFETCH TOURNAMENTS”
Step Five: Enter the name of the tournament you are submitting and select the corresponding result.
Steps 4 and 5
Step Six: Confirm that the tournament details match those of your club’s USPA event. If the details do not match, you have selected the wrong tournament. Please click the “EDIT A DIFFERENT TOURNAMENT”button at the top to return to the previous page and conduct a new search.
If you have selected the correct tournament, scroll to the bottom of the page. If you have not already entered team information, click the “ADD NEW TEAM” button on the left-hand side. Fill out the form field “Team Name” with the appropriate information. To add team members to the roster, fill out the “Add Team Member” form field and select the corresponding player. Click the “Add Team Member” button to add more players. Once you have documented all team members, click the “SAVE TEAM” button. Repeat this process for each team competing in the tournament. Once all teams have been entered, click the “SUBMIT ROSTERS” button.
Step Seven: To enter game results, click on the “ENTER/EDIT GAMES” button on the right-hand side at the bottom of the page. Fill out the corresponding form fields for all tournament games: document the winning team, losing team or runner-up and final score.
Step Eight: Enter results for the final by clicking the “ENTER FINAL TOURNAMENT DETAILS” button at the bottom of the page. In the “Additional Info” section, fill out the corresponding form fields with the appropriate information. Select the final game and winning team from the dropdown selections.
- For Most Valuable Player (MVP): If MVP was awarded, enter the name of the player in the “Select MVP” form field.
- For Best Playing Pony (BPP): If BPP was awarded, enter the name of the horse in the “Best Playing Pony” form field. If BPP was awarded, you must enter both the owner’s name and player’s name into their corresponding form fields, even if the owner and player are the same person. If your club awarded a Thoroughbred Incentive Program Best Playing Thoroughbred award, check “yes” and enter the appropriate information into the corresponding form fields.
- For Sportsmanship Award: If a Sportsmanship Award was awarded, enter the name of the player in the “Sportsmanship Award” form field.
*If no special awards such as MVP, BPP or Sportsmanship were awarded, clubs must enter “N/A” into the appropriate form fields.
- Uploading an image: Upload a photo of the winning team by clicking the “BROWSE” button. The following file types are accepted: heic (iPhone), jpeg, jpg and png. The maximum file size that can be uploaded is 20MB. Once you have selected and uploaded an image, enter the players’ names from left to right as they appear. Anyone included in the photo but not a member of the winning team must also be documented: click “OTHERS” and enter their names from left to right as they appear. Every person shown in the uploaded image must be named!
- Enter the names of all Umpires who refereed the final.
- If any injuries occurred, document the number of injuries in the appropriate form fields (human injuries, equine injuries).
- Enter the estimated number of spectators if known.
Steps 7 and 8
Once all information has been accurately documented, click the “SAVE TOURNAMENT DETAILS” button at the bottom of the page. Congratulations, you have now submitted your tournament results and may be considered for inclusion in the This Week In Polo newsletter! For questions regarding tournament details and tournament entries, please contact USPA Tournament Manager Kaila Dowd at email@example.com. For questions regarding the This Week In Polo newsletter, please contact USPA Communications Coordinator Grace Zalewski at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step 8 (Continued)
If you would like to have your club featured on the USPA’s social media channels, professional photography/videography imagery from your club’s event can be sent to USPA Communications Manager Cristina Fernandez at email@example.com for consideration. Entering your club’s tournament results within two weeks of conclusion of play goes not guarantee that the results will be featured in the This Week In Polo newsletter right away. If you have submitted all tournament results information and have not seen your club’s results included in the trophy stage section of the newsletter within four to six weeks of uploading, please reach out to USPA Communications Coordinator Grace Zalewski at firstname.lastname@example.org.