The ninth edition of the Giuliana Cup (to honor Careyes founder’s granddaughter) will take place from January 3-8 at Careyes Polo Club. The games will be played on the two fields that the club owns in the middle of the jungle.
The tournament means that, thanks to the iniciative of Andrea Quintero Ospina, Manuel Matos and Giorgio Brignone, Mexico will host a high goal ladies tournament for the first time. The five teams set to compete include players from USA, Mexico, Argentina and Colombia, supported by USPA, Krono Polo, La Maroma, Rancho Orejano, Equua, The Pacayal and La Mhara among others.
About Costa Careyes:
Careyes is an exclusive private and residential real estate complex located in Costalegre, on the beaches of the pacific coasts of Mexico, in south Jalisco. It is composed by ocean-view castles, private villas, little houses and bungalows. This exclsuive beach complex was founded by Gian Franco Brignone in 1968 as a family business. It combines the sensuality of the Mediterranean with a unique architechture and the mexican hospitality. The natural beauty, landscapes and design attract the most demanding and sybarite of tourist.
Plus, Costa Careyes is developing a plan for the next three years with the aim of helping polo grow in the area, attracting more players and teams.
The Giuliana Cup 2023 – Teams:
- Cabinet Connection: Jordan Falk, Chrissy Falk, Sydney Falk, Katie Falk.
- Dundas: Sarah Siegel Magness, Cuyi Glenny, Leigh Brecheen, Anita Avendano Wulff.
- Agua Alta: Lulu Ardisonne, Chloe Amutio, Andrea Quintero Ospina, Camila Rossi.
- La Herradura: Suzette Yamani, Gina Padilla, Meghan Gracida, Dayelle Fargey.
- Careyes: Poly Racana, Becky Schaller Gonzalez, TBA, TBA.